Spartan returns to Lipno for the fourth time. The races were held here for the first time in 2018, and all three levels at once, due to great success the Trifecta weekend was repeated in 2019. After the covid break, we were able to return to Lipno in 2021 and have the entire Trifecta Weekend again. Of course, there were also children's races, and lovers of endurance events also had a great time at the Hurricane Heat.
What can we look forward to this year? This year, there is a night race for variety. Although there won't be an opportunity to run the Beast, there are still many ways to have fun on the track. The whole weekend will start on Saturday morning, when the competitors will go on the shortest track - Sprint. Anyone can run it in any category - in Elite for the best competitors, in Age Group for those who want to compare themselves with their peers, and of course in Open for everyone who wants to have fun, compare their time with friends or conquer for the first time challenge on behalf of Spartan.
In the afternoon there is a Charity Sprint, which anyone can run purely for fun and to help at the same time, as all the proceeds from this race will go to charity. It's an ideal option for a first race, as you can try out the obstacles here and not worry about taking penalties everywhere. The English language and the obstacles are voluntary there.
You can also soak up the Spartan atmosphere during the afternoon Workout, where under the guidance of trainers you will try obstacles and put your body in during the exercise. The whole day will then end with the Night Sprint race, where you will run the Sprint route by the light of the headlamp. This race only has an Open category.
It will be a little calmer on Sunday. Morning starts for the medium-long Super route again with all categories are waiting for us, and in the afternoon we will also be able to see the heroes who will go on the challenge called Hurricane Heat 12 hours.
Of course, there will be Spartan Kids races on Saturday and Sunday, so don't forget to bring your little ones with you. As for the medals, on Saturday everyone who completes the morning Sprint can look forward to a special CEU regional series medal for all categories. Charity and Night Sprint differ from the classic medal with a special ribbon. On Sunday, the classic Super medal will be waiting for you.
In addition to medals, you can also look forward to beautiful routes on Lipno's slopes and forest trails. With a high probability, you will again be able to cool off in the local pond at the festival, and at the top of the hill, you may even see beautiful views from the Treetop Trail, where the night Sprint and daytime Super will lead.
Does it seem to you that so many things cannot be done and that you will not know where to go first? We recommend extending your stay beyond the weekend, as Lipno also offers an abundance of entertainment. In addition, Monday is a holiday and a day off, so you need to take advantage of it!
7 TIPS FOR USING YOUR FREE TIME IN LIPNO
1. Cable car - from 9:30 a.m. to 6:15 p.m., the cable car will take you easily up the hill or back to the festival. If, for example, you want to watch your friends or family from above as they race. Or if you want to visit an attraction. The cable car ends a short distance from the Treetop Trail, the Kingdom of the Forest, or the downhill scooter rental office.
2. The path through the crowns of trees and the Kingdom of the Forest - do you want to enjoy Lipno in all its beauty from a height? You'll most likely climb the trail as part of one of the Spartan races, but if you're not racing or want to train or repeat the experience with your family, it's definitely worth it. Likewise, the Kingdom of the Forest is only a few tens of meters away from the trail. You can enjoy the attractions here and learn something at the same time.
3. Rope park and bobsleigh track - if you don't want to go uphill for fun, you can also use the attractions not far from the festival site. The rope park and bobsleigh track are great options. Or do you want to ride over the competitors who are swimming across the pond? That sounds like good fun too.
4. Bike, skate and scooter rentals - yes, there are really many of them in Lipno. You can ride down the Treetop Trail on a scooter, or enjoy a similar experience on a bike. You can also cycle along the Lipno dam, or rent inline skates for such a trip.
5. Papilonia Lipno - do you want an unusual experience? Go see the tropical butterflies at Papilonia House.
6. Aquaworld, Hopsarium, Trampolines - if you are looking for something for children, there are also plenty of offers. You can go swimming in Aquaworld or jump in Hopsário or Trampolines.
7. Rest and relaxation are, of course, also important, and they think about it in Lipno, so you can take advantage of the sauna offer, for example, or enjoy a peaceful evening in the Molo Restaurant with a beautiful view of the dam. They cook great even a short distance from the festival in the Stodola restaurant, and for a sweet spot you can go to the Povidloň confectionery.
You can park comfortably in the main parking lot not far from the ski area.
You can find more information on the website: https://www.lipno.info/zazitky.html